Rail Vehicle Management
WSP offers services on both the overhaul of existing rolling stock as well as the procurement of new vehicles for any passenger or freight rail system. We provide expertise in developing technical specifications and procurement documentation, participation in first article inspections, qualification and acceptance testing activities, oversight of vehicle production, commissioning support, and warranty administration.
Our vehicle staff professionals are veterans of the largest and most complex transport agencies and have significant experience working with major manufacturers. We provide our clients with insight built from decades of working in the rail and transit industry, including engineering design, and commissioning for agencies, operators, and manufacturers.
We have experience in all types of rail transit vehicles, from commuter cars to street cars, light rail vehicles, heavy rail vehicles, people movers, electric multiple unit cars (EMUs), diesel multiple unit cars (DMUs), electric and diesel-electric locomotives, and high-speed trains.
Specialized Services in Asset Management
Using asset management as means of business management involves the collection and analysis of data from a large range of fields as well as the development of necessary governing processes. As a result, we link operational, financial and technical elements in order to:
- Prepare asset management and capital plans
- Develop asset management strategies
- Establish service level indicators
- Conduct lifecycle asset valuation and cost optimization
- Performance modelling and cost analysis
- Traffic and timetable modelling
- Develop and execute process improvement
- Conduct condition assessment and monitoring
- Implement energy-efficiency measures
- Design preventative maintenance as well as defects reduction
- Replacement and renewal strategies
- Advise on asset management information systems
- Realize/monetize assets
- Risk management/reduction
- ISO 55000 certification and gap analysis as well as associated asset management system implementation support
Our teams from around the world help to create transformational management strategies for asset-intensive businesses, along with the processes and procedures required to assist in managing these assets effectively.