“We continue to believe that the most significant influence we can have in working towards a sustainable economy is through the advice our experts give to our clients. One of the guiding principles under our brand is that we are “future-focused and challenge the status quo”, says Paul Dollin, Global Chief Operating Officer at WSP. “Future Ready”, our global client-facing program to help our clients prepare for the future, sits perfectly alongside the new brand.”
2016 Sustainability Progress
Strategy, Stakeholders and Governance:
- We introduced our updated global sustainability policy, to outline our objectives and approach to sustainability as a corporation and on behalf of our clients.
Employees and Communities
- We reported on the majority of material employee metrics for a second year, allowing us to establish our first year-over-year comparison and spark valuable discussion on making progress as an employer.
- We continued to support our strong Health & Safety standards, and met our target to maintain an overall target Lost Time Injury Rate (LTIR) below 0.1.
Clients and Projects
- “Future Ready” was launched in our Middle East operations, is currently being launched in Australia and progress was made on launching the program in Canada.
- We won a number of prestigious awards for sustainability in our client projects around the globe.
- We improved our environmental data collection methods and coverage in key regions, with a view to better understanding our performance.
- We received verification of WSP’s 2016 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory from an independent third party.
Having taken on the role of President and CEO in 2016, Alexandre L’Heureux has brought a wind of change, including our new brand, which provides an excellent forum to renew our commitment to sustainability across all our activities.