WSP works closely with key players across the world to better understand the potential impact of new mobility on local environments. We consulted with state and local transportation agencies to determine where they are today and where they want these advancing transportation technologies to enable them to deliver their services in the future.
We carried out extensive interviews with international industry experts and combined these insights with learnings drawn from dozens of our projects. WSP’s team is involved in testing and implementing a multitude of new technologies; working with several of the new business models already in operation.
Launched in October 2017, our ground-breaking whitepaper New Mobility Now: a Practical Guide brings new insights to mobility issues.
“The opportunity offered by New Mobility is significant and highly valuable, particularly to city and area leaders, place-makers, transport network owners, mobility and technology providers,” says David McAlister, WSP Global Director, Transport and Infrastructure.
We offer strategic, technical and operational guidance covering a number of key areas, such as:
- Current state of connected, autonomous and electric vehicle technology, new mobility services and associated activities
- Public-private partnerships for pilot testing and technology development
- Legislation and regulation at the local, regional and federal levels
- Long-range policies and plans, supporting strategic, financial, and operations planning
- Concept of operations for connected and autonomous vehicles within road network operations