Mr Parker assumed this role in January and is responsible for leading the ANZ team to provide sustainability consultancy services for clients in the Property, Transport, Power, Water and Resources sectors.
Mr Wayne Bretherton, Director of Property and Buildings ANZ said, ‘Mr Parker and his team can add real value for clients, particularly when they are engaged early in a project. The technical services they provide help to create better long-term outcomes for clients and communities. Their role is becoming increasingly important as our population grows and many gravitate towards urban centres.’
Mr Parker is based in Sydney and has more than 20 years of consulting experience with some of Australia’s largest companies and Government agencies, on topics of energy, environmental and sustainability issues, as well as supporting international businesses to reduce energy costs and implement sustainable practices. He also has a thorough understanding of Australia’s energy and carbon markets.
Mr Parker holds a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering and a Masters of Engineering Management, and his diverse projects experience includes:
- Development of sustainability strategies for the North West Rail Link Energy and Carbon Manager for the SVC Package.
- Climate change risk assessment and GHG quantification for the Canberra Metro project.
- Preparing the Waste Management Strategy for the Commonwealth Bank.
- Preparing the Energy and Water Strategy for University of New South Wales.
- Solar PV assessment across five facilities to determine most cost-effectiveness for Metcash.
- Energy compliance reviews and drafting of summary reports for Westpac.
- Energy and water assessments of QIC Retail Centre, University of Southern Queensland Toowoomba Campus, and energy audits of 36 retail branches of Westpac.
WSP is committed to delivering innovative, resilient and connected societies, which enhance liveability, today and for future generations.