City Central Tower 1 (CCT1) comprises 31,000 m2 of net lettable area, a two-level secure basement car park, ground floor retail and 21 upper levels of premium office accommodation. Aiming for high sustainability standards, our client sought to achieve a minimum of 5 Star Green Star Rating for the project.
Engaged to deliver Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) services, our team ensured the building maximised passive outcomes.
- Plenty of natural light
- Reduced glare
- Reduced water consumption
- Increased fresh air
- Reduced the likelihood of ‘sick building syndrome’
CCT1 represents the first use of passive beams in a speculative building without tenants as a driving force. We introduced other sustainable initiatives such as:
- T5 fluorescent lamps with high frequency dimmable ballasts
- Carbon monoxide monitoring and control of car park ventilation
- Reduction of indoor air pollutants through use of volatile organic compound materials
- Monitoring and measurement of energy and water consumption
- Recycled materials
- Use of refrigerants with zero ozone depletion potential
Although this project did not include a water recycling system, we have future-proofed the building for an inevitable site-wide initiative by adding the necessary piping for water re-use.
Effective Project Delivery
As part of our work, we ensured a healthy working environment for staff, reduced the building environmental footprint and energy consumption, while minimising operational running costs and reducing waste by 60% during construction.
CCT1 is the only building in Australia that was awarded a:
- 5 Star Green Star Office Design v2 Rating
- 5 Star Green Star Office as Built Rating
- 5 Star NABER Rrating
Reiterating the business case for green buildings, CCT1 was sold for a record price and was fully leased (again with record highs) within six months of completion.