On a site, adjacent to a former coal-fired power station in central Queensland, the Collinsville Solar Farm will provide 42.5 MW through approximately 170,000 individual solar photovoltaic panels. The project connects to the grid via Ergon Energy’s distribution network and Powerlink’s existing electrical infrastructure.
WSP is the independent certifier and responsible for:
- Reviewing design information provided by the Principal’s Representative/Owner’s Engineer after the financial close
- Undertaking site visits and inspections at critical milestones
- Providing a review of the monthly reports for the lenders
- Certifying cost certificates in accordance with the Independent Certifier Agreement
- Certifying the date of Practical Completion under the EPC Contract
Transitioning Central Queensland to a Renewable Energy Future
As RATCH-Australia Corporation’s first solar farm project in Australia, the AU$100 million project will support the local, regional and national economy. When complete, the solar farm will generate electricity to power approximately 15,000 homes, roughly equivalent to the number of homes in the surrounding Whitsundays region. Alinta Energy is contracted to purchase the electricity and the large-scale generation certificates until 2030.