Stockyard Hill Wind Farm is in Victoria’s central highlands, about 35 km west of Ballarat. It will comprise 149 turbines with a total capacity of 530 MW. This large-scale facility has the potential to harness one of Victoria’s best wind resources.
Stockyard Hill Wind Farm Pty Ltd is the owner of the project.
Goldwind Australia is providing Engineer, Procure and Contract (EPC) services as well as Warranty, Operations and Maintenance services once operational. They appointed SNC-Lavalin and the WBHO Joint Venture as the Balance of Plant Contractor. Origin Energy will purchase the energy generated by the wind farm and the associated renewable energy certificates until 2030.
As Owner’s Engineer, WSP assists Stockyard Hill Wind Farm Pty Ltd in the construction of the wind farm. Our duties include:
- Reviewing the EPC and network service provider design
- Responding to requests for information
- Conducting site inspections and meetings
- Making specialist site visits and inspections (geotechnical, electrical, mechanical, SCADA, general BOP, FAT and environmental compliance)
- Attending safety risk review workshop attendance (HAZID, HAZCON, HAZOP)
- Reporting and maintaining an issues and risk register
- Supporting Stockyard Hill Wind Farm Pty Ltd with technical and commercial support
- Assessing contractors’ claims
Powering Sustainable Outcomes
Construction began in June 2018. Once complete, the Stockyard Hill Wind Farm will power approximately 391,000 Victorian homes and save approximately two million tonnes of carbon dioxide per year.