Every day, thousands of commuters across Australia rely on the rail network to getfrom point A to point B, connecting them with social and employment opportunities.
Ensuring our passenger networks are operating efficiently and effectively is critical in order to keep our cities thriving in the future.
WSP delivers passenger rail solutions that focus on the experience of end-users, keeping this at the forefront of design, whether managing solutions to support growth of existing networks or developing new ones. This enables usto deliver outcomes that improve service reliability, capacity, connectivity and safety at all stages of the project lifecycle.
Bringing Designs to Life
We aim to bring passenger rail designs to reality early on, focusing on integrated project delivery that incorporates elements of building information modelling (BIM) and virtual design and construction (VDC) to test design elements and risks. This supports a streamlined design process and creates opportunities to increase efficiencies throughout the project lifespan.
Working collaboratively with our clients and partners, we seek develop solutions that minimise impacts to existing rail services and deliver maximum results for future network capacity.
Creating Connectivity Across Australia
Clients have entrusted us with a number of passenger rail projects Australia-wide including:
- Design for Sydney Metro Northwest, Sydney Metro City and Southwest and Sydney Metro West, Australia’s largest public transport project
- Joint venture design for Metro Tunnel in Melbourne, creating spacious tunnels beneath the city, up to 40 m deep belowground. The $6 b project seeks to create more room and access on Melbourne’s passenger rail network.
- Technical advice and independent verification for the Forrestfield to Airport Link in Perth, providing more reliable services to and from the CBD
- Delivery Partner for the implementation of the European Train Control System L2, a new world-class rail signaling and train protection system on the ETCS Inner City project in Brisbane
- The Gawler Electrification for the Adelaide to Salisbury line in South Australia