WSP helps clients maintain secure and reliable power supplies, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and deliver future energy schemes to help our cities transition to a more sustainable world.
Meeting the Energy Needs of Tomorrow
From growing populations and increasing urbanisation, to natural resource constraints, climate change, disruptive technologies and the rise of the consumer – powering the way we live and do business is being transformed.
We can no longer count on unlimited access to energy. To adapt to inevitable changes, ensure sustainable energy systems, and mitigate climate change, governments and businesses alike must identify and understand their implications, improve energy efficiency, foster renewable power generation, and achieve exceptional environmental performance, all while implementing innovative strategies and business models to ensure a secure and reliable energy supply.
WSP understands the evolving market and we collaborate with our clients to respond. Together, we create innovative solutions across the entire project lifecycle. Our expertise spans early phase feasibility and concept studies, efficiency programs, design, engineering, project management and commissioning. Serving as independent engineers or as independent technical advisors we provide support during construction, operations, maintenance and de-commissioning. We also add significant value by assisting regulators to develop the sustainable energy schemes of tomorrow.
We work with our clients to reduce both energy end use and the release of greenhouse gas emissions, and deliver future energy schemes to help create a sustainable world. We offer our clients expertise in solar wind, hydropower, thermal energy, waste-to-energy and bioenergy, battery storage, network distribution and systems and automation.
Typical Roles Through the Project Lifecycle
- Regulatory analysis
- Project definition and development
- Front End Engineering (FEED) feasibility analysis
- Owner's engineer
- Independent/Lender's engineer
- Transactional Technical Due Diligence and Third-Party Reliance
- Technical Advisor
- Tender or detailed design
- Review of inputs to the financial models
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and Connection Agreements assistance
- Project risk assessments
- Project Management of major power developments
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIS) and Development Applications
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Construction and program management
- Equator Principles compliance assessments
- Site Representative
- Operations & Maintenance support to owner
- Quality services
- Performance testing
- Condition assessment