The objective of multi-modal transportation networks is to ensure the safe and efficient movement of people and goods on roads and highways. Traffic engineering helps resolve the issues that obstruct that process.
Beyond the design and construction of transportation infrastructures, traffic engineering focuses on the functional aspects of road geometry that make it all flow, including traffic signs, traffic signals, intersection management and road surface markings.
Our traffic engineering services can help to:
- Optimise road space
- Develop road safety strategies and programs
- Assess and implement traffic collision reduction measures
- Accessibility, parking and traffic impact studies
- Integration of active transportation and transit into road designs
- Intersection design and operation
- Road safety studies
Full Lifecycle Services
WSP provides a full range of traffic engineering services to local government, regional, and transit clients. Our teams assist clients in addressing traffic design issues ranging from spot improvements and signal timings, to full traffic design for larger road projects. Our expertise includes traffic signalling, systems detection, lighting, road signage, and traffic channelling and maintenance.
In ANZ, we are experienced in research, modelling, planning, auditing and implementing improvements on urban, inter-urban and rural roads. Using engineering and behavioural techniques such as speed management, urban regeneration, streetscaping, multi-modal streets and shared space, we assist our clients with:
- Traffic calming
- Traffic signage and markings
- Traffic signals
- Variable message signing
- Pedestrian facilities, management, and accommodations in construction areas
- Bus priority measures
- Bicycle facilities
- Traffic signal design and coordination
- Transportation and traffic counts/surveys