Faced with climate change, water scarcity, environmental requirements and tightening operating budgets, water utilities are also having to meet community expectations for safe and reliable water supplies. In response, WSP’s water group is partnering with clients to deliver some of Australia’s iconic water infrastructure projects.
A Holistic Approach for Water Solutions
Attuned to the technical, ecological, and regulatory issues that face the water industry, our water treatment team takes a holistic and client centric approach, offering engineering and advisory services for the full spectrum including:
- Wastewater treatment
- Odour control
- Greenhouse gas mitigation
- Environmental impact
- Biosolids management
Our team offers leading technical input into the design of infrastructure as well as advice on avoidance, licensing and environmental approval in accordance with current legislative requirements.
Integrating Future Trends in Wastewater Treatment Solutions
Our team of local and international experts have experience in a variety of treatment processes including primary treatment, biological treatment, intensification technologies, membranes, clarification, filtration, chemical dosing systems, disinfection, energy recovery, digestion, sludge incineration, biogas treatment, dewatering, drying and thermal oxidation.
Through our Future Ready program, we collaborate with clients to design for today’s needs and for the future, creating lasting solutions for generations to come.
Water Treatment Services
- Process design
- Treatment plant hydraulics
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and piping design
- Structural engineering including water retaining structures and reservoirs
- Electrical, instrumental and control systems
- Site services
- BIM/3D and BioWin modelling
Benefits to Clients and Communities
- Better project and community outcomes with water quality, security and reliability considerations built into the designs
- Reduced operational costs through process optimisation and unmanned operations
- Reliable equipment and flexibility by evaluating risks, operational costs and design to support operational integrity
- Scalable sustainable solutions by building demand and expandability, enabling our clients to optimise operations and to defer capital expenditure
- Smart and effective asset lifecycle management
- Efficient planning approval pathways through concise reporting