April 10, 2019
Did you know…
- We do not spend our days looking at and tasting water samples – watch the video to learn more about what we do.
- We do enter sewers sometimes, but most of the time we are comfortably sitting behind a desk.
- Wastewater does smell bad, but what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
- Drinking water production is very different from wastewater sanitation – we do both.
- Pumping stations are also an integral part of our work. Montreal has more than 5,000 km of underground pipes to collect the sewage and storm water which needs to be pumped (that doesn't even include the drinking water distribution system).
- Engineers can be funny too!