A growing trend in the consumer products industry has been numerous options for the same type of product, each varying slightly in quality and price, but otherwise similar. This has led to significant increase in competition in the consumer products sector. Challenges include finding cost-effective ways to manage operations while delivering high quality and differentiated products, uncertain demand, shifting tastes, operating at a profitable level, changing standards and regulations, and relying on the global supplier network. Along with this comes huge changes in technology, consumer preferences, sales channels, marketing approaches, barriers to entry, and supply chain and logistics strategies.
At WSP, we understand these consumer product industry challenges and are able to adapt to client requirements, standards, project specifications, and local conditions. From apparel and household products to health, beauty, and personal care items, we have proven capability and extensive experience in engineering design and implementation of projects encompassing a wide range of consumer products and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG).
Our team can provide you with both technical and managerial expertise and experience needed to deliver optimal and cost-effective solutions, based on the latest industry technologies, efficiency, and regulatory standards. We have achieved exceptional results in both greenfield and brownfield project environments, while ensuring that the highest level of health, safety, and regulatory standards is treated as top priority.
Experience and expertise
We know clients desire a ‘one-stop-shop’ approach, and our depth of knowledge enables us to provide this to you, from initial strategy and planning through to design and implementation of complete facilities in terms of processes, utilities and plants/buildings.
- Strategy Development and Site Master Planning
- Pre-feasibility and Feasibility Studies
- Layout Development in Accordance with cGMP
- Process, Mechanical, Electrical, and Automation Engineering & Design
- Filling & Packaging Line Design
- Materials Handling Systems Design
- Aseptic Design
- Specialist Warehouse & Distribution Center Design (including Cold Stores)
- Plant and Energy Optimization
- Health, Safety and Environmental Assessments
- Process Risk Analysis (HAZOP, HAZAN, HACCP)
- Design Coordination, 3D Modelling and Simulation throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Full Project and Construction Management