WSP has a full suite of solar expertise to support everything from conceptual design to detailed engineering and advisory services.
Distributed network - Local Support Throughout
Our staff includes Canadian solar specialists who have designed projects for some of the world’s leading renewable energy project developers. In addition, a distributed network of offices provides local support throughout Western Canada, Ontario and Quebec. This unique combination of specialized and localized support gives the ability to provide the full suite of services for solar photovoltaic projects from conceptual design, detailed engineering, and construction support. The WSP Power Group can count on experienced and skilled engineers in key fields such as civil, structural, electrical, geotechnical, mechanical, and hydraulic engineering, all focused closely on the solar sector. Additionally, our innovative and efficient documentation management system allows our team and our client’s time and effort savings, while maintaining the highest standard of Quality and Transparency.
We support small, mid-size, and large-scale solar power projects throughout Canada and around the world. We help you identify, establish and minimize risks associated with solar power projects. We advise on a range of environmental planning issues and we deliver a full suite of engineering design solutions to help develop highly effective solar power schemes including photovoltaic (PV) systems and solar thermal projects.
Experience and expertise
WSP’s solar energy group is enthusiastic about the growing use of this sustainable energy option in our communities and beyond. Our expert provides a complete range of engineering and environmental services for photovoltaic solar energy projects, from initial development and studies to design and services during construction. Our clients are solar developers, building owners and contractors.
Our expertise includes:
- Solar Resource Assessment – modeling using PVSyst, calculation of net energy production, feasibility analysis, layout optimization
- Technology comparisons
- Environmental and permitting services – constraints, field studies, noise modeling, public and agency consultation, reports
- Facility engineering – geotechnical, civil, stormwater, electrical, structural, contract documents, project management
- Electrical design – utility interconnection studies, single line diagrams, modeling, collector system optimization, substation, grounding, protection and controls, metering, regulatory approvals, professional services during construction
- Owner’s engineer, third-party reviews
- Solar panel mounting system design
- Foundation design
- Civil engineering for site access