Designing the Future of Transportation
Rail and transit is often considered the backbone to an efficient network of transportation, and has become a major focus of governments, community stakeholders and project owners.
Communities depend much higher than ever before on passenger rail systems and realize the impact of a well-designed efficiently operated system. Governments depend on rail systems for city development and economic growth.
WSP has a widely acknowledged reputation for multidisciplinary design services. We provide engineering and project design for all aspects of transport infrastructure, systems, and communications. Our input starts from conceptual design, detailed design and implementation through to construction and installation. Our focus is to offer a team of highly skilled experts to manage the project efficiently and deliver cost-effective operation on a timely manner.
Specific services for all rail modes include:
- Track design (alignment, layout, track switches and crossings, equipment clearance)
- Heavy and light rail design
- Rail corridor planning and drainage works
- Signal and train control design (scheme development, construction design)
- Communication system design
- Track infrastructure and capital spending plans
- Track and right-of-way inspections
- Review of peer consultants reports
- Overhead catenary power design
- 3rd rail traction power design
- Station design
- Grade separation
- Pedestrian underpasses
- Rail corridor expansion
- Safety reports for developments planned adjacent to railways
- Public crossing safety assessments
Designing for Future Generations
As population grows, transportation needs to grow in an efficient and timely manner to satisfy the needs of communities.
With the technological advances, we believe the next generation of station design will harness the power of new design software, eco design and limit the impact on the natural environment.
Our design approach includes feasibility and investigative studies, environmental impact assessments, detailed design with the use of 3D modelling software which facilitates ultimate visualization of the project for the client in the design phase. With Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology, we not only increase creativity and sustainability in our designs but also enhance collaboration between the two to provide our clients with ultimate tools to operate and maintain their assets more efficiently in a more environmental friendly way.
Our expertise enables us to develop design solutions that satisfy all end-user requirements, without compromising value, quality or sustainability.