Almost 15,000 aircraft will be retired over the next 20 years, representing 63 percent of today’s fleet. Consequently, 40 percent of all deliveries (of new aircraft) will support fleet replacement, with the remaining 60 percent representing industry growth.
Innovation is not only expected for new materials, engines or aircraft platforms, but also in production in order to deal with the increase in demand and in maintenance operations and to improve productivity and shorten immobilisation periods.
The defense industry is, for its part, seeing an important shift in the way business is done, even though global demand is stable. The market is moving to new countries and requires that suppliers work with local industrial partners and make direct in-country investments.
Effective Solutions in a Fast Evolving Market
WSP has a great amount of experience in aerospace. This allows us to stay ahead of market changes and be ready to answer client requirements.
We have established long-lasting relationships with manufacturers, such as Airbus and Safran, as well as various airlines and providers of maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. We offer a comprehensive range of services to the industry:
- Designing and managing a final assembly line project
- Reducing maintenance equipment turnaround times
- Designing paint hangars to accommodate different aircraft models
Aerospace Expertise in All Markets
We help our clients from the initial planning and design, to project and construction management. Our worldwide network of offices enables us to define the most efficient project strategy in the local context.
WSP has been working for years with STTS, a world leader in aircraft painting, refining the design of each new facility to improve operating efficiency, while adapting the construction scheme to the local market.
Our expertise in A380 hangars goes from an Airbus final assembly line in Toulouse to major maintenance and painting facilities for airlines like Emirates or Etihad and for MRO specialised companies. Our project experience covers a wide range of building types, including:
- Aircraft components and engine manufacturing plants, final assembly lines
- Maintenance, repair and overhaul hangars (MRO)
- Paint hangars
- Military infrastructure and bases
- Composite production and R&D laboratories