WSP designs and implements projects covering a wide range of food and beverages products – including filling and packaging line design, aseptic design and plant and energy optimisation.
Whatever the project, our international team adapts to our client’s requirements, standards and specifications to deliver optimal and cost-effective solutions based on the latest industry technologies and efficiency standards.
We have achieved exceptional results in both greenfield and brownfield project environments while meeting the highest level of health, safety and regulatory standards.
Future-proofing processes for a UK food manufacturer
Our success includes optimising space for one food manufacturer’s processes. We switched the process of manufacturing their product from the horizontal to the vertical, future-proofing the company’s UK site. Our team was involved in the full lifecycle of delivery: the initial concept strategy, detailed design for the installation of new equipment, procuring components and construction contracts, and project managing the work.
Fast-track delivery for PepsiCo
When PepsiCo needed a major project completed, against an aggressive timescale, to take a new product to market, our team ensured it was implemented on time, on budget and to specification. The refurbishment work was completed to the highest standards.
Supporting both local and global projects from our offices around the world, we implement international best practice while accommodating local constraints, conditions, regulations and budget requirements.
- Brewing and soft drinks
- Sauces and dressings
- Fresh foods
- Canned foods
- Processed foods
- Meat processing
We know that clients appreciate a ‘one-stop shop’ approach for processes, utilities, plants and buildings. Our depth of knowledge enables us to provide this – from initial strategy through to design and implementation.
- Strategy development and masterplanning
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Layout development (in accordance with cGMP)
- Process, mechanical, electrical and automation engineering and design
- Filling and packaging line design
- Material handling systems design
- Aseptic design
- Specialist warehouse and distribution system design (including cold stores)
- Plant and energy optimisation
- Health, safety and environmental assessments
- Process risk analysis (HAZOP, HAZAN, HACCP)
- Design coordination, 3D modelling and simulation, through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Full project and construction management