Design Visualisation provides a comprehensive suite of state-of-the-art visual communication tools and technologies to garner the support of decision-makers, stakeholders, and the public by accurately and realistically presenting key information, from conceptual planning and design through to the project delivery phase.
WSP’s service offerings can help in communicating complex, technical, and/or difficult to describe projects to stakeholders, enabling them to visualize project elements not easily explained.
Our design visualisation experts use state-of- the-art tools for improved project delivery that:
- Accelerate project planning, design, and delivery
- Demonstrate project effectiveness and support project accountability
- Clarify complex, controversial and/or difficult to describe projects
- Build stakeholder consensus and facilitate informed decision-making and approvals
- Support development and adoption of new technologies
- Expedite project financing
- Increase pre-sales and pre-lease contracts
- Enhance marketing strategies.
WSP’s Design Visualisation toolbox includes:
- 2.5D Rendering
- 3D Modelling and Rendering
- 3D Computer Animation
- Augmented Reality
- Conceptual Illustration
- Photo Simulation
- Real Time 3D
CADD and Engineering Applications
WSP is committed to providing the most current and comprehensive software solutions in support of our CADD (Computer Assisted Design and Drafting) and Engineering Applications environment. To support this initiative, we have enterprise level agreements with Autodesk ® , Bentley, and other software solutions providers to ensure our design teams have access to software solutions that accelerate project delivery and improve asset performance for the infrastructure that sustains our economy and environment.
We leverage this large software portfolio on a variety of different projects, incorporating 3D design and visualisation as standard practice in support of our BIM initiatives. Work sharing is supported by utilising the most appropriate engineering document management and comprehensive project delivery system to securely share project data to team members in multiple offices, both regionally and internationally. All team members have access to a data collaboration and content management platform that supports a highly integrated data management environment throughout the life cycle of the project.
As an Autodesk ® Authorized Training Centre (ATC), WSP offers instruction in Autodesk ® technologies including platform, infrastructure, and media/entertainment software.
Computer Analysis and Visualisation Environment (CAVE)
WSP’s Computer Analysis and Visualisation Environment (CAVE) technology platform is a real-time multi-dimensional computing and presentation environment that integrates a unique combination of hardware and software for breakthrough improvements in integrated Project Design, Delivery, and Information Management. Our CAVE technology platform allows for the most complete and intelligent integration of any digital project information using a unique combination of 3D computer modelling, interactive scheduling, project controls, analytical simulation, spatial databases, real-time visualisation, and virtual reality.
Our CAVE technology platform leverages industry standards within a state-of- the-art visual computing environment and incorporates more information in a more effective way in order to minimise cost and risk, while maximising overall efficiency, information sustainability, and project profitability. CAVE combines WSP’s Planning, Engineering, Construction, and Management best practices with improved tools and processes for 3D Computer Aided Modelling and Engineering, Document Management and Production, GIS, Visualisation, Analytical Simulation, Project Controls and overall Data Management.
A CAVE is an environment where collaborative project planning and more intimate and immersive methods for visual presentations can be explored, including team collaboration environment, presentation space, and research and development. We have CAVE facilities in our corporate headquarters and several regional offices, and we can develop specifications for project or client locations worldwide.
Support for Litigation and Arbitration
WSP’s project visualisation team provides an array of state-of- the-art visual communication tools and technologies to clearly illustrate both anticipated and actual project developments and/or progress in support of project litigation. These tools allow for clarity of understanding by accurately and realistically presenting critical project elements, from conceptual plans and designs through implementation work plans and final construction.
Our full service capabilities deliver solutions that can accurately depict project details for developing a story, explaining a process or procedure, illustrating design versus actual construction, or demonstrating a sequence of events. When arbitration or litigation is necessary to protect assets and reputation, or account for actual project costs or schedule, visual communications can provide instant clarity:
- Compare design requirements against built environment
- Demonstrate schedule impacts resulting from change management process
- Clarify complex, controversial, and/or difficult to describe construction elements
- Facilitate stakeholder/jury understanding of complex projects for informed decision-making
- Accelerate arbitration or trial deliberation with credible and impeachable exhibits
- Facilitate trial presentation of exhibits via an interactive multimedia interface
- Expedite resolutions to contested work products
- Employ technically accurate shadow and view impact studies to overcome opposition
- Other digital and geomatics services
- Autodesk® Authorised Training Centre
- Building information modelling/virtual design and construction
- Geographic information systems (GIS)
- Mobile litigation and web applications
- Surveying and mapping