What should we do with the waste we generate? What is the potential for recycling materials during a building redevelopment or demolition? Should materials be sent to landfills or to energy-from-waste (EfW) facilities? How can we implement a program where food waste and other biodegradable waste can be converted into renewable energy? Can a city’s waste management system handle the growing stream of electronic waste?
Our engineers and waste management specialists advise public bodies on regional waste policies, implement waste minimisation programs for large corporations and design waste strategies for new developments and new EfW facilities. We provide services ranging from technical feasibility studies of new waste technologies and gasification techniques, through to the management and disposal of solid, hazardous and clinical waste.
WSP’s experts are familiar with major international and local waste regulations and international best practices, as well as the latest innovations and technologies. Our experts possess the experience and expertise to develop and deliver innovative, environmentally sound and legally compliant solutions to mitigate today’s challenging waste management and regulatory issues.
Our services span:
- Strategy and Policy Development
- Legislative Advice
- Waste Audits and Minimisation Strategies
- Recycling and Composting Collection Methods
- Strategies and Master Plans for New Developments
- Site Waste Management Plans
- Environmental Permitting
- Mechanical, Biological and Thermal Treatment Options
- Clinical and Hazardous Waste Management
- Procurement Assistance
- Technology Appraisals and Feasibility Studies
- WRATE Modelling
- Waste Composition Analysis and Program Management
- Landfill, Leachate Treatment and Biogas Collection System Design
- Waste Site Rehabilitation
- Financial Models and Financial Assurance Documentation
- Construction Administration and Inspection and Testing Services
- Design, Operations and Closure Plans
- Compliance Monitoring Programs
WSP takes a holistic approach across the waste hierarchy. Contact us to see how our solutions can deliver the best commercial returns, while contributing to a more sustainable future.