Design and Construction expertise is combined at an early stage in the project, which means that designers can tailor their plans to the needs of the contractor the first time around. Working together, the engineer and contractor can maximize efficiencies leading to fewer delays, reduced unexpected challenges and a project that is more likely to be delivered on time and on budget; usually at a significant saving for clients compared to traditional methods.
Protecting Client’s Interest in all Roles
WSP has been involved in Design-Build for many years, serving as both lead engineer and owner’s representative on Roads and Highways, Bridges, Rail and Transit, Tunnels, Aviation as well as Property and Buildings projects.
Tailored Project Management Services
WSP can provide a full range of program and construction management services fully aligned with the Design-Build framework, covering from pre-feasibility and procurement to funding and grant applications through the entire project to close-out and commissioning.
Detailed services include:
- Project & Program Management
- Advisory Services
- Project Controls
- Commercial Management
- Planning, Environmental & Design Management
- Quality Assurance
- Construction Services
- Commissioning and Startup
WSP in Action
Examples of our Design-Build work include:
- Located in Montreal, Canada, the Turcot interchange project consists of complex interchanges and highways connected to the existing road network, providing users with a high level of road safety, service and comfort while maximizing infrastructure lifespan. Our role is Lead Designer of 95% of the design.
- For LaGuardia Airport in New York, USA, as the Lead in a Design Joint Venture, WSP will lead the design including the new airside ramp area, all the geotechnical work serving the redevelopment, a new 3000-space parking garage, the Central Heating and Refrigeration and Plant design, the new roadway system serving the entire airport which includes significant utility relocation and over 20 bridges, environmental work and the mechanical and electrical systems within the main terminal building headhouse and concourses.
- Brisbane City Council’s Clem Jones Tunnel (CLEM7) was Brisbane’s first major road tunnel and one of the largest and most complex infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Queensland, Australia. For this project, our role was tender and detailed design.