Central to an assessment of the impact of new mobility technologies is the ability to understand how, why and at which rates key market-share levels could be reached. The WSP system dynamics tool incorporates key parameters, such as policy and population changes, consumer behaviour, and marketing and incentives, to address questions such as:
- What decisions are needed today to guide the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs), connected and automated vehicles (CAVs), and shared mobility services?
- How can we use policy levers to manage the uptake of EVs and CAVs?
- What are the main factors that will bring about a “tipping point” for mass uptake of EVs and CAVs?
- How would an increase in EV and CAV uptake impact the market for shared mobility services?
- How do we create and distribute a robust charging network that supports EV uptake?