Although many airports have invested in key asset management tools, such as maintenance and pavement management systems and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, there is potential for more integration. The next step is to properly connect data to the overall strategic vision of an airport and plan the right investments to get there – both in assets and in people.
Leader in Asset Management Best Practices
WSP is a leader in the application of asset management best practices for infrastructure. With our business transformation leadership and keen understanding of the infrastructure cycle, we help airports improve the services they deliver through a more efficient and economic use of the assets and infrastructure they manage. Doing the right work at the right time at the right cost.
Benefit of a Multidisciplinary Background
In addition to pure aviation systems such as jet bridges, navigational aids (NAVAIDs), and baggage systems, airports must maintain airfields, roadway pavements, parking garages, transit (automated people mover) systems, and buildings. Thanks to our multidisciplinary background, WSP has an in-depth knowledge of each of these assets. Adding our strategic consulting expertise to the mix allows us to successfully modernize internal business processes, prioritize investments, and fully utilize the technology for monitoring.
Formula for Success
Asset Management Plan Implementation
- Strategic business planning
- Agency-wide asset management capability assessment, ‘gap assessment’ and improvement program (‘roadmap’) development
- Establishment of service level indicators/ performance measures
- Organizational culture development
- Competence assessment
- Training program development, aligned with international best practice
- Development of asset management policies, strategies and plans
- Development of capital programming and operations & maintenance budgeting processes
- Condition assessment and predictive modelling
- Risk management
- Development of asset-class specific, life cycle asset management plans that consider costs, risks and performance
- Assessment of risk and vulnerability of assets to climate change
Technology and Information Management
- Asset inventory development, condition assessment and performance monitoring
- Advising on asset management information systems and software
- PAS-55 and ISO-55001 assessment and certification
Asset Management Benefits
Our proven approach to asset management capability development results in cost saving and increased productivity by reducing ownership costs across the life cycle (performance management) and optimizing the use of available budgets. We have also seen reliability and safety improvements through the use of data driven management to predict and prevent as opposed to find and fix. Increased assurance in planning and decision processes and a clear ownership, accountability and responsibility, enabling better recovery in a disruption event, will also contribute to these improvements. Finally, customer service improves, by increasing on-time performance and travel experience predictability.
In today’s competitive market, airports need to have the most efficient and economic use of their assets and infrastructure. Contact us, we are here to help.