The Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital is referred to as the “Hospital of the Future.” It comprises two main complexes - the hospital complex and the medical office building complex. The hospital complex is a 14-story tower with 350 beds and a diagnostic and treatment center. The 234,000-square foot (21,732-square-meter) medical office building complex consists of medical suites and private specialty clinics.
WSP provided mechanical-electrical-plumbing engineering services including:
- Security and communications systems comprising nurse call, emergency call systems, patient tagging system and an extensive CCTV and monitoring system;
- Medical and non-medical gas installation;
- Laboratory waste treatment system;
- Pneumatic tube transportation system; and
- Operating theater fixed equipment.