The redevelopment consists of the demolition of the existing pool hall and change rooms and the construction of a new plantroom, change rooms and a pool hall housing a 25m four-lane lap pool, learners / leisure pool, spa pool, toddlers pool and sauna.
CLIENT BRIEF/PROJECT CHALLENGES
Environmental initiatives were a key driver for Manukau City Council.
WSP used a raft of sustainable initiatives such as:
- High level motorised awnings and bi-fold doors to facilitate natural ventilation.
- Skylights and glazing to increase natural daylight.
- Pool hall ventilation heat recovery run-around-coil to recover waste heat from the pool hall exhaust air.
- Intelligent pool hall ventilation system incorporating variable speed drives, environment monitoring to maximise efficiency of system, natural ventilation mode, interlocks with natural ventilation openings.
- Intelligent lighting systems incorporating daylights and movement sensors, and multiple zone switching in the pool hall.
- UV radiation pool water disinfecting system to reduce water consumption
- Variable speed drives on pool water circulation pumps to reduce energy consumption after hours.
LIST OF PRIMARY SERVICES
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Hydraulics, Security
- Vertical Transportation
- Pool Water Treatment
- Fire Protection
- Fire Engineering