In 2014, the airline industry recorded the equivalent of one accident for every 4.4 million flights, a record low. The industry’s commitment to safety combined with robust standards of regulation allows air travel to remain the safest means of transportation.
Although regulation can add to the cost of doing business, it plays a critical role in promoting safety. The regulatory environment is complex and puts increased pressure on airports and airlines, and on aircraft manufacturing and maintenance organizations to adhere to emerging trends of not just being in compliance with regulatory requirements, but proving it through self-reporting and self-inspection.
Demonstrating compliance requires a partner with a vast breadth of experience in order to navigate through a complex regulatory world. It requires a partner who is not only familiar with standards set out by regulatory agencies, but who also has the expertise and know-how to implement them, while respecting resources and costs.
Knowledge and Understanding of Aviation Regulations are Key
Having worked with private and public sector clients throughout the world, our team is familiar with standards set out by major regulatory agencies, including the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), European Aviation Safety Agency, UK Civil Aviation Industry, Transport Canada and many other local and regional authorities.
Our experience includes:
• Safety Management System (SMS) consulting, including preparation of SMS Manuals and associated training programs
• Aeronautical Studies and Regulatory Exemption Requests
• Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments (HIRA) and Safety Case Studies
• FAA mandated Safety Risk Management and Assessments
• Root Cause Analysis and Investigations
• Regulatory Compliance and Quality Assurance Auditing
• Preparation of Airport Operating Manuals, Emergency Plans, and Wildlife Management Plans
• Security Reviews
• Facility Condition Assessments
WSP can offer a fully integrated solution that is compliant with the most up-to-date regulation requirements, no matter where you are located in the world.