The WSP team provide independent and impartial advice for the design and management of dairy-farm effluent systems that are tailor-made to farmer’s needs.
WSP is an accredited ‘farm and dairy effluent system design company’ with a team of skilled and experienced agricultural engineers, scientists and environmental planners.
We offer assistance with:
- Resource Consent
- Farm Soil Mapping
- Farm Dairy Effluent Design
- Effluent Management Plans
- CPEng Sign-off
- Pond-drop testing
Pond Drop Testing
The WSP Pond Drop Test (PDT) gives a definitive answer – Do I need to fix or upgrade my pond or other parts of my effluent system? The PDT is the only test available that meets Regional Council requirements and is an effective solution for monitoring pond level change.
We engage and consult with our clients about the individual pond and system required and the non-invasive pond drop mechanism is installed, calibrated and left on site for 48 hours. At the conclusion of measurement, data is downloaded and sent to a centralised analysis team to interpret. A comprehensive, easy to understand report identifying any issues and options is presented to you.
The process includes:
- Non-invasive testing
- Meets Dairy Effluent Warrant of Fitness criteria
- Suitable for concrete, synthetic, clay or unlined ponds
- Quality assured by a chartered professional engineer (CPEng)
- Nationwide testing, with a centralised management and reporting system
- Results presented as an easy to understand letter, that can be forwarded straight to Regional Council