Katherine Bruce, a Senior Consultant – Corporate Sustainability from our Advisory Services business has had a thought leadership article published in Arabian Business titled ‘COP26 - Is your company ready for the low-carbon economy?’
In this article, published in the wake of the COP26 Finance themed day on November 3rd, Katherine shares five questions all companies should be asking themselves in order to green-up their portfolios, business operations, and financial disclosures – with particular reference to the Middle East.
“As global leaders and decision makers convene in Glasgow for the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26), the world is holding its breath in anticipation of what we hope will be a flurry of decisive outcomes that map a pathway to net zero 2050,” Katherine said.
She adds: “Whilst the outcomes of COP26 are expected to provide clarity on how companies can adapt towards a low-carbon future, these outcomes may also have significant implications for global capital markets”.
The five questions Katherine asks are:
- What scope of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are financially material to your sector?
- What does your emission reduction target involve?
- How well does your company compare to its competitors?
- What other climate-change material factors are you disclosing?
- How long has your company been disclosing and has management made other commitments to future disclosure?
Click here to register and read Katherine’s full article: