“We continue to believe that the most significant influence we can have in working towards a sustainable economy is through the advice our experts give to our clients. One of the guiding principles under our brand is that we are “future-focused and challenge the status quo”, says Paul Dollin, Global Chief Operating Officer at WSP. “Future Ready”, our global client-facing program to help our clients prepare for the future, sits perfectly alongside the new brand.”
2016 Sustainability Progress
Strategy, Stakeholders and Governance:
- We introduced our updated global sustainability policy, to outline our objectives and approach to sustainability as a corporation and on behalf of our clients.
Employees and Communities
- We reported on the majority of material employee metrics for a second year, allowing us to establish our first year-over-year comparison and spark valuable discussion on making progress as an employer.
- We continued to support our strong Health & Safety standards, and met our target to maintain an overall target Lost Time Injury Rate (LTIR) below 0.1.
Clients and Projects
- “Future Ready” was launched in our Middle East operations, is currently being launched in Australia and progress was made on launching the program in Canada.
- We won a number of prestigious awards for sustainability in our client projects around the globe.
- We improved our environmental data collection methods and coverage in key regions, with a view to better understanding our performance.
- We received verification of WSP’s 2016 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory from an independent third party.
Having taken on the role of President and CEO in 2016, Alexandre L’Heureux has brought a wind of change, including our new brand, which provides an excellent forum to renew our commitment to sustainability across all our activities.
“In tandem with our workplace optimization initiatives, we are taking the opportunity to review how we manage the economic, environmental and social impacts of our own operations. For example, during 2017 we plan to further discuss our plan to set a global corporate target to manage and reduce our greenhouse gas emissions”, concludes Alexandre L’Heureux.
The 2016 Sustainability Report covers our activities from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016 and was prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards: Core option.