Designed by Safdie Architects, this 135,700 sq.m Jewel Changi Airport (Jewel) is Singapore’s latest tourist destination that features one of Singapore’s largest indoor gardens, and the world’s tallest indoor waterfall. Together with world-class international flagship stores and local labels, the shopping experience at Jewel promises to be an exciting one, with over 280 retail and dining options made available to everyone, from both travellers and local residents alike.
Jewel is a joint venture between Changi Airport Group and CapitaLand. It is a 10 storey building, with five above ground levels and five basement storeys.
In addition to the gardens and attractions, and retail offerings in Jewel, there are also airport facilities located at level 1 of the complex. There are early check-in offerings, facilities dedicated to the fly-cruise and fly-coach passenger segment, as well as training facilities and communal event spaces for the airport community. To further enhance the smooth movement of travellers from the terminals to Jewel, Jewel is seamlessly connected to Terminal 1’s Arrival Hall, and connected to Terminals 2 and 3 via pedestrian linkbridges.
WSP served as MEP consultant engineer and responsible for civil and structural engineering peer review for the project.
- A 40m tall indoor waterfall
- A verdant four-storey landscape houses one of the largest indoor collection of plants in Singapore.
- Adopted top-down construction method & steel work installation.
- 5 levels of deep basement & long span steel dome structure of approximately 200m x 150m.
- 2018 Building and Construction Authority’s (BCA) Green Mark GoldPLUS award
- 2018 Building and Construction Authority’s (BCA) Universal Design (UD) Mark Design GoldPLUS award
- 2016 International Architecture Award
- MAPIC Awards 2016: Best Futura Shopping Centre
- MIPIM Asia Awards 2016: Best Futura Project