Its total area is 23 000 m². The first part of the complex was opened in 2008, but it was soon decided to expand, which was divided into two stages. The first of them, completed in 2011, has added leading fashion brands to the gallery. Thanks to the second one, which was completed the following year, the center expanded to include an entertainment zone (cinema and bowling alleys) and the next part of the DIY zone. The effect of both stages is also an elongated facade (currently over 1.2 km), lighting in alleys leading to entrances and a greater amount of greenery on the square in front of the center.
The WSP team advised the Jantar manager in the BREEAM certification process. In-Use certificate was obtained in the Building Management category with the "Excellent" rating (over 80%!). The sustainable solutions used in CH Jantar include:
- BMS system,
- concluding with Green Lease contracts with tenants, in which environment-friendly provisions were specified,
- monitoring of energy and water consumption,
- fittings limiting water consumption,
- energy-efficient LED lighting,
- lighting control using motion sensors,
- bicycle infrastructure
- stands, changing rooms, showers,
- electric vehicle charging stations,
- Environmental Protection Policy in order to reduce the negative impact on the environment
- reduce water and energy consumption, reduce the amount of waste produced and conduct an informed policy of purchasing and using environmentally neutral materials.