Stations and intermodal terminals are more than just interconnections. They are meeting places that provide retail and catering experiences.
The rise of urban populations has put increasing pressure on transit systems all around the world. In this context, intermodal terminals have become vital because they serve as interconnecting hubs and allow passengers to change transportation modes in their transit. Integrating information technology improves station communication capabilities, ticketing and wayfinding. Furthermore, station operators can manage passenger flows and safety by taking preventive crowd control measures.
WSP has planned and developed world-class above-ground and underground rail stations, freight terminals, and depots for both government and private sectors.
Bringing Value to your Intermodal Terminals
Stations and intermodal terminals are more than just interconnections; they are meeting places that provide retail and catering experiences, playing an increasing role in sector development.
One of our latest contributions is London Bridge Station, where we aligned the station with the urban fabric, creating a destination of its own. At City Station, in Stockholm, our engineers combined their experience with the latest Building Information Modelling tools in order to create value throughout the life of the facility.
At WSP, we can help maximize commercial and retail opportunities, as well as support owners manage their asset more effectively. We not only increase creativity and sustainability with our designs but also enhance collaboration and provide clients with an ultimate tool to operate and maintain their asset overtime. Here are some specific services:
- Delivery process strategy and oversight
- Development of standards and criteria for public agencies
- Environmental assessment
- Sustainability and resilience planning and assessment
- Systems and structural engineering
- Architectural design
- Technical and economic feasibility assessments
- Network and corridor planning
- Operations planning and simulations
- Operations and maintenance consulting
- Station area planning and urban design (“placemaking”)
- Funding and financial planning and advisory services
- Railway signalling
- Communications systems design
- Station design and engineering
- Tunnelling and elevated structures design and engineering
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) services