WSP worked with data on routes and operating conditions provided by Halifax Transit. This information was used to model end-point charging options versus on-route charging options. The outcome allowed us to understand the battery sizes of buses that could meet Halifax Transit’s needs and charger configurations.
Using its proprietary simulation Battery Optimization and Lifecycle Tool (BOLT), WSP analyzed and evaluated these options on Halifax Transit’s route network.
WSP developed an Electrifiable Index to determine which routes on the network should be chosen to scale up electric bus operation.
WSP performed the following:
- Electric bus feasibility study development
- Pilot program recommendation
Our services included:
- Electric bus system selection
- Electric charging options
- Total-lifecycle-cost comparisons
- Business case
- Feasibility study
- Development of electric bus pilot program and rollout strategy