WSP analyzed Abbotsford’s 396 fleet vehicles that contribute GHG emissions, such as class 1 to class 8 vehicles in operation, in order to determine current GHG emissions and develop a fleet replacement strategy.
WSP recommended alternative fuel vehicles following consultation with different vehicle user groups and benefit-cost analysis of different alternative fuel options. (A portion of the fleet was excluded due to those vehicles being off road, Class 0, or having a low annual usage.)
WSP determined Abbotsford’s current fleet replacement strategy is not adequate for reaching their 2025 and 2040 emission reduction targets. WSP determined the best strategy for the City of Abbotsford to meet their GHG reduction targets after considering five different green fleet options.
WSP performed the following:
- Asset inventory of fleet and current emissions
- Developed fleet replacement strategy
- Alternative fuel vehicle recommendations
- GAP analysis for required facility upgrades
List of primary services
- CNG fueling technology overview
- Electric vehicle technology overview
- Alternative technology propulsion comparison
- Green fleet plan
- Green fleet options GHG reduction analysis
- Maintaining a green fleet
- Managing green fleet assets effectively (KPIs)