OPDAT places legal advisers around the world to conduct technical assistance programs. Those advisers and programs require support services in the areas of training, personnel and procurement.
Since 2005, WSP has assisted OPDAT under two consecutive rapid response worldwide support contracts. The firm’s work with OPDAT has involved the implementation of more than 500 task orders, including:
- In Malawi, conducting training on police procedures, money laundering, trial advocacy, plea bargaining and human trafficking.
- In Ukraine, creating internal investigative units within various ministries.
- In Serbia, advising local prosecutors on forensic accounting and anti-corruption procedures.
- In Afghanistan, providing counternarcotics police mentors.
- In Kyrgyzstan, conducting an anti-corruption public awareness campaign.
- In the Middle East and Africa, providing counterterrorism and anti-money laundering expertise.
- In Morocco, providing logistics support and legal assistance.
- In Colombia, developing a victim assistance program for the Prosecutor General.
- In Mexico, supporting the strengthening of law enforcement agencies to combat organized crime and drug trafficking.
- In the Dominican Republic, collaborating with the U.S. Marshall Service in asset recovery activities.
- In Puerto Rico, supporting the Judicial Studies Institute to strengthen judicial administration in Latin America.