“We are very honoured by and proud to have received of these accolades. This speaks to our uncompromising determination for excellence and our desire to plan, design, and engineer an impactful legacy for a future where society can thrive. We are proud of this testament to the recognition of our commitment to this by our clients and peers in the industry,” says Mathieu du Plooy, Managing Director, WSP in Africa.
As a leader in the category of 400+ employees, these awards are an indication of the firm’s competencies and commitment to delivery. WSP was awarded the following accolades in the corresponding sectors;
- Mechanical Consulting Engineers
- Electrical Consulting Engineers
- Combined Mechanical & Electrical Consulting Engineers
- Civil Consulting Engineers
- Structural Consulting Engineers
- Combined Civil & Structural Consulting Engineers
About the PMR.africa survey
The purpose of the PMR.africa annual survey and the awards is to set a benchmark and enhance excellence in the industry, as well as acknowledge personnel who perform exceptionally well in their respective areas of expertise.
The survey is a based on a research process in which engineering consulting firms are rated on respondents’ perceptions, along with a strong focus on evaluating and measuring customer service and customer satisfaction.
Additionally, a firm cannot enter the research process of their own accord, but rather must always be nominated and then rated randomly by a national sample of respondents comprising of architects, construction companies, developers and quantity surveyors etc. Respondents then rate the consulting engineering firms across a range of 14 attributes, where the results are then categorised according to the number of employees per firm.
The 14 attributes that these consulting engineering firms are rated on include:
- Black Economic Empowerment
- Capacity to understand projects
- Competitive pricing
- Problem solving
- Quality management systems
- Reputation (i.e. perception of the company’s brand, integrity, CSI)
- Resources of firm
- Skills and qualifications of personnel
- Technical competence
- Understanding and commitment to the clients’ interests