Faced with climate change, water scarcity, environmental requirements and tightening operating budgets, water utilities are also having to meet community expectations for safe and reliable water supplies. In response, WSP’s water group is partnering with clients to deliver some of Australia’s iconic water infrastructure projects.
A Holistic Approach for Water Solutions
Attuned to the technical, ecological, and regulatory issues that face the water industry, our water treatment team takes a holistic and client centric approach, offering engineering and advisory services for the full spectrum including:
- Water treatment
- Water security of supply
- Drainage and flood control
- Hydraulic structures
- Hydroelectric facilities
- Irrigation systems
- Sedimentation and erosion control
- Potable water supply
- Reclaimed water planning and design
- Management of biosolids
Our Environment and Stakeholder Engagement group provides technical input into the design of water infrastructure, and advises on avoidance, licensing and environmental approval in accordance with current legislative and regulation requirements.
Integrating Future Trends in Water Treatment Solutions
Our team of local and international experts have experience in a variety of conventional treatment processes including primary treatment, biological treatment, clarification, filtration, chemical dosing systems and disinfection, as well as ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis systems.
Through our Future Ready program, we collaborate with clients to design for today’s needs and for the future, creating lasting solutions for generations to come.
Water Treatment Services
- Process design
- Treatment plant hydraulics
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and piping design
- Structural engineering including water retaining structures and reservoirs
- Electrical, instrumental and control systems
- Site services
Benefits to Clients and Communities
- Better project and community outcomes with water quality, security and reliability considerations built into the designs
- Reduced operational costs through process optimisation and unmanned operations
- Reliableequipment and flexibility by evaluating risks, operational costs and design to support operational integrity
- Scalable sustainable solutions by building demand and expandability, enabling our clients to optimise operations and to defer capital expenditure
- Smart and effective asset lifecycle management
- Efficient planning approval pathways through concise reporting