Our teams in the field are using bespoke software installed on iPads to capture data on site on behalf of Irish Water. They:
- Capture actual site processes and sub-processes.
- Capture required asset data (such as make, model and serial number).
- Capture GPS co-ordinates.
- Apply an Irish Water identifier tag to each asset.
- Photograph each asset including its identity tag.
- Carry out a visual asset condition grading assessment.
We pioneered the use of video walk-through on non-infrastructure sites in Ireland, capturing all processes and sub-processes at each facility with voice-over descriptions to provide technical specialists, and asset planners alike, real-world appreciation of operational status.
With 35 water specialists across the island of Ireland, WSP has the strength and depth for a project of this scale. Among the facilities our teams have surveyed is Ballymore Eustace, the largest water treatment plant in Ireland supplying approximately one million customers. By the end of this 30-month project, we will have provided Irish Water with robust data it needs for this and the hundreds of other locations across the country.