Renovation of one of the largest convention centres in the U.S.
The building was recently expanded in a major renovation project with a redesign aimed at upgrading organization and efficiency, as well as occupant comfort. We were retained to provide MEP systems design for the renovation.
Our work was based on numerous studies and the examination of envelope efficiency and MEP system improvements. The goal was to achieve an approximate 25% improvement in energy consumption and LEED Silver certification.
All the major building MEP systems were upgraded and improved, including 100 rooftop air handling units serving the exhibition halls. The units sit on a completely new green roof with striking views of the adjacent high-rise buildings.
The new systems we designed have improved the indoor air quality, reduced ambient noise and significantly saved on energy consumption.
We continue to provide design services including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection for numerous miscellaneous projects as part of the general development of the convention centre.
- HVAC upgrades to the show managers’ offices, concourses and mezzanine of the Crystal Palace
- Whole infrastructure assessment
- Upgrade and modernization of Level 1 and 2 meeting rooms
- Utility and master planning for the overall site and northern site expansion
- Environment and infrastructure advice for energy and resource use
- Sustainable design opportunities advice for green approaches for energy and resource conservation