The center is housed in an historic 1905 office building overlooking Trinity Church. To ensure patient comfort, the design promotes outside awareness and employs a clear wayfinding strategy.
Maximizing the abundant natural light and providing treetop-level views, examining rooms, waiting rooms and offices are located along the perimeter of the 20,000-square-foot center. At the center’s entrance, a glass wall recalls the stained glass of the lower lobby, and dark wood, which reinforces the building’s club-like feel, is integrated throughout. The center focuses on cardiology, orthopedics, gastroenterology and diagnostic imaging, and serves a diverse clientele, from employees of nearby Wall Street firms to elderly Lower East Side residents.