The tower is designed as a landmark in sustainability and a model for modern workplaces in promoting the health and well-being of its occupants. With environmental performance a central theme to the project, our MEP, technology, and high performance sustainable designs include many innovations for user-comfort and low environmental impact.
Sustainable design features include water/rainwater management, abundant use of natural daylight, reduced overall energy usage, application of recycled materials to cut down on construction waste and maximum indoor environmental quality. Each floor has 100% natural air, and the building is targeting LEED Platinum.
The main benefits of our HVAC design for Salesforce Tower are:
- Improved thermal comfort by providing personal comfort control
- Improved ventilation efficiency and indoor air quality
- Higher indoor air quality improves occupant satisfaction and increased productivity
- Substantial energy savings from utilising free cooling and heating
- Reduced lifecycle building costs
- Improved flexibility in providing and maintaining building services
- Flexibility for interior space change – power, data and air can be reconfigured easily as these systems are part of the raised floor
- Little or no noise from air distribution from the under-floor system due to air supply at low velocity
- Increased floor to floor height with the raised floors allows for more vision glass and higher levels of natural day-lighting of the space.