Employing methods and tools capable of assessing infrastructure system vulnerabilities, WSP helps clients build more resilient water infrastructure, while minimizing capital spend and managing risks associated with the impacts of socioeconomic factors and climate change.
The successful completion of water and wastewater infrastructure projects has enabled WSP to develop a thorough understanding of the intertwined socio-economic, institutional, legal, regulatory and environmental contexts at the local level. Our engineers collaborate with specialists recognized for their expertise and experience with complex technical conditions. This collaboration combines state-of-the-art and proven methodologies and tools with field-based knowledge, ensuring a successful result.
Our diverse team of experts, unique to each project, ensures early identification of risks and enables proactive project management. Whether designing simple or complex systems, we pride ourselves on technical innovation and a quest for excellence on each and every project, large or small.
Areas of Expertise
- Master planning development for cities
- Diagnostic studies on existing facilities
- Collection and distribution system rehabilitation
- Large diameter piping and tunneling
- Flood risk assessment
- Life cycle analysis
- Stakeholder consultation
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Hydraulic and hydrologic modelling
- Hydraulic structure design
- Climate adaptation and resiliency
- Asset management
- Pressure and leakage management
- Water quality management
- Smart data / Online monitoring systems