WSP USA combines hands-on, multimodal experience in freight markets and operations that result in practical solutions for the policy, planning and management challenges facing our freight system.
Improving Supply Chain Network Performance
We provide strategic and technical expertise for major programs and investments at the national and international level, and for states, regions, corridors and metropolitan areas, including:
- Statewide multimodal freight and rail plans
- Metropolitan freight and port development plans
- Project screening and scope development
Cross-functionality is crucial in a world where complex supply chains and diverse economic regions compete, and transportation and logistics performance is a key differentiator. Our teams have interdisciplinary capabilities—integrating skills in trade, market assessment, operational analysis, motor carriage, and policy evaluation—across and at the nexus of the public and private sectors. In addition, our freight and logistics team is well versed in the provisions of the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act) that have important implications on Nationally Significant Freight and Highway Projects eligible to compete for $4.5 billion in federal Infrastructure for Rebuilding America (INFRA) grant funds (formerly known as FASTLANE) through 2020, the National Highway Freight Network, and the National Multimodal Freight Network.
- Benefit-cost analysis
- FAST Act advisory
- Freight and rail planning and policy
- Investment grade analytic support
- Market, economic, financial and sustainability assessments
- Network integration advisory
- Performance measurement and management