WSP is a recognized leader in this field, delivering a multitude of projects in mineral processing worldwide. Our specialists have extensive knowledge of the various steps in mineral processing applications.
Geotechnical and Rock Mechanics engineering
Although miners chase buried treasures, the words ‘uncertain’, ‘unstable’, and ‘unreliable’ are not acceptable in the mining industry. Our geotechnical expertise spans thousands of projects, as we have delivered engineering solutions that meet the stringent quality and budget standards of the industry.
With a strong geotechnical team, we assist our clients on complex underground/open-pit stability and design, as well as inspections. Access to our certified materials testing laboratory provides you with a consistent, independent, and reliable assessment of soil conditions and construction materials throughout the project lifecycle.
Experience and expertise
Our comprehensive geotechnical team offers solutions, studies, and engineering analysis for projects, including:
- Conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Engineering and design
- Project management
- Technical Support
- Surface mining infrastructures (Hoist, fan, compressor, pumping station, water treatement plant, fueling systems)
- Ore Handling
- Backfill Plant (rock, paste, hudraulic, sand)
- Mineral processing and smelter
- Quarry (sieve, crusher, convoyor, structural analysis, grizzly & rockbreaker)
- Specialized mechanical design (mining, forestry, sawmill)
- Specialized fields of expertise (hydraulic, pneumatic, commissioning program, element analysis)
- Geotechnical Analysis
- Tailings and Waste Rock Management
- Seismic Hazard Evaluations