We remove and manage all the complexities and liabilities associated with historic contamination, leaving our clients free to focus on the future of their business. We can mitigate the risks posed by contaminated land, protect current assets through monitoring and management, and future-proof to cope with an ever-changing regulatory landscape and climate.
Minimizing Life-cycle Costs and Increasing Asset Values
We understand what drivers matter to shareholders, management and regulators and can deliver holistic solutions to ensure client assets are monitored, managed and protected to minimize life-cycle costs and maximize higher-end values, while remaining environmentally compliant.
Our engineers, biologists, chemists, geologists, hydrogeologists, toxicologists and hazmat specialists combine their knowledge of ground conditions with practical and innovative investigation, diagnostic and characterization techniques to accurately profile client sites.
Breadth of Expertise to Deliver Complete Solutions
Incorporating the impacts of climate change into our solutions, we are leading the way in sustainable remediation and engineering and have an established track record delivering successful projects of all sizes around the world, across a multitude of sites, land uses and sectors—chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, roads and rail, oil and gas, mines and quarries, industrial and brownfield sites, commercial developments and residential buildings. Where appropriate we work with our remediation experts who apply advanced tools and technologies to design and implement on-site remediation solutions.
We provide comprehensive services related to soil and groundwater contamination issues:
- Contamination assessments to identify and mitigate risk and to plan and implement remediation solutions
- Contamination plume modelling
- Environmental management plans
- Geotechnical surveys and designs for foundations, structure and infrastructure assets
- Groundwater monitoring
- Health risk assessments
- Hydrogeological investigations
- New and emerging contaminant research, investigation and remediation
- Phase I-II- III surveys for due diligence, planning, regulatory and permitting purposes
- Preliminary/detailed environmental site assessments
- Principal contracting – satisfying all obligations of Work Health and Safety regulations
- Remediation action plans
- Site acquisition/divestment due diligence assessments
- Site clean-up work supervision
- Site investigations
- Site-specific risk assessments
- Soil and groundwater assessments
- Soil and groundwater remediation design and implementation – in situ and ex situ
- Statutory environmental auditing
- Support services to manage hazardous materials, demolitions, environmental compliance, permitting and sustainability
- Third party auditing and review
- Waste soil classification for off-site disposal or reuse
Groundwater and Hydrogeology
We have helped clients around the world to efficiently sell or purchase sites, gain planning permissions, and avoid costly time delays and redesigns by quickly characterizing on-site water conditions. Our expert hydrogeologists can design tailored solutions to protect water quality and security, characterize and abate groundwater contamination, and identify and plan around the presence of shallow groundwater and springs or abstractions to optimize land use and value.
From Project Concept to Completion
From project concept to completion and beyond, we have the scale and expertise to work with clients on large complex areas of contaminated lands and small legacy sites. Whether planning a change of use for a site or rehabilitating a brownfield site, we can evaluate ground constraints, opportunities, and sustainability considerations. We place great importance on understanding our clients’ businesses and challenges, while taking a pragmatic and balanced approach to ensure our solutions deliver long-term commercial, environmental and economic success.