Our experienced team of contaminated land specialists help clients with the technical challenges of contaminated land and deal with related financial liability, health and safety, stakeholder management and reputational issues.
Located across New Zealand, our team investigates and manages land contamination issues - developing commercially sustainable solutions that support human health and the environment.
The team provides technical advice suited to your local environment and works at the forefront of industry best practice for assessment of contaminant sources, transport and exposure.
Team members include Suitably Qualified and Experience Practitioners (SQEPs) who certify reports in line with the Resource Management (National Environmental Standard for Assessing and Managing Contaminants in Soil to Protect Human Health) Regulations 2011 (NESCS). This lets our clients progress through regional consenting processes with ease.
They will work with you to evaluate ground constraints, identify opportunities, and build-in sustainability considerations to make sure your contaminated land solution delivers long-term commercial, environmental and economic success.
Our specialist areas include:
- Preliminary and detailed site investigations (PSIs/DSIs) - including desktop studies, conceptual site model development and soil, groundwater and vapour sampling and testing.
- Quantitative risk assessment for human health protection and discharges to water.
- Remediation options appraisal and preparation of remediation action plans, contaminated site management plans and costing data for financial provisions.
- Supervision of remediation works, verification testing and reporting.
- Environmental monitoring for land, water and air.
- Site acquisition/divestment, and due diligence assessments.
- Ground gas risk assessment.
- Waste soil classification for off-site disposal or re-use.
- Resource consent application and guidance.