Port Mann Bridge
With the title of “the worst traffic bottleneck in BC”, the 45-year-old 5-lane bridge between Surrey and Coquitlam was in need of an upgrade. Its replacement, the new 10-lane cable-stayed Port Mann Bridge, is one of the widest bridges in the world, at 2.02 km long and 65 metres at its widest.
- Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
- 2.4 Billion
- — Canadian Consulting Engineering Awards, Award of Excellence, Transportation, 2014
- — B.C. Deputy Minister’s Consulting Engineers Award
- — Consulting Engineers of British Columbia, Lieutenant Governor’s Award of Excellence and Award of Excellence, Transportation and Bridges, 2014
- — National Award for an Engineering Project or Achievement from Engineers Canada, 2015