Whatever the scale of the challenge – whether it’s urban regeneration, delivering an affordable housing development, or training a nation’s workforce for future industries – we analyse the problems, devise practical strategies and deliver fundable solutions.
We’re able to do this for clients across numerous sectors thanks to our broad range of in-house expertise. This includes not only economics and finance but also specialisms such as infrastructure design, organisational behaviour and the full range of built-environment services. Sectors we work in include:
- Net zero economics
- Industrial transformation and diversification
- Urban development and regeneration
- Transport and mobility
- Digital and technology
- Environment and biodiversity
- Property and real estate
Our broad range of skills is matched by our broad reach. With offices across the UK, our local teams have in-depth knowledge of their communities and long-standing relationships with local government. Our teams also tackle projects globally, enabling us to share cross-sector learning and best practice from around the world.
Whatever, and wherever, the project, we focus on making sure places achieve their full economic potential, while generating shared positive outcomes for societal and environmental benefit.
- Economic analysis and data modelling – baselines and forecasting
- Policy design and evaluation – programme design
- Economic development strategy – scheme, district, city, region
- Economic and social impact assessment – policies and interventions, social value
- Industry strategy and innovation clusters – industrial transformation
- Accessing finance and funding – funding bids and arrangements
- Business case and economic appraisal – testing viability
- Implementation, governance and delivery vehicles – SPVs, capacity building
Net zero economics and a fair transition
WSP is already at the forefront of developing net zero solutions for our clients and communities. We’ve also pledged to achieve net zero in our own operations by 2025 and to halve the carbon footprint of our designs and advice by 2030.
Our economics team contributes to the net zero transition in three important ways:
- Projects – we help make decarbonisation projects investible, shaping and positioning them so they’re best placed to attract investment, particularly from the private sector.
- Economic driver – with technological innovation creating new industries and new skill needs, we help clients understand and harness net zero as an economic driver.
- Fair transition – we see the net zero transition as an opportunity for a fast and inclusive economic recovery from COVID-19, one that leaves nobody behind.