The threat from biodiversity loss and the destruction of the world’s ecosystems is as significant to humanity as climate change. Biodiversity loss is not only a concern for sectors that are inherently reliant on nature and ecosystem services, e.g. food production. All industries will have some materiality to address, and every organisation must look at its whole value chain, i.e. not just direct operations but also upstream and downstream.
In September 2023 the Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD) releases its recommendations for corporate and financial institutions to report on nature-related risks and opportunities. This will position nature-based disclosures firmly as a material risk to investors and prompt action in ESG disclosures. What actions can organisations take now to prepare for reporting on TNFD?
This webinar will cover the key actions that you can take now to understand your exposure to nature-related risks, to explore potential opportunities and prepare for reporting. Using case studies we will run through examples of gap analyses, piloting the LEAP process, key challenges and development of corporate goals and targets.
The speakers will be:
- Ben O’Hickey, Principal Consultant, Nature Advisory, WSP
- Margot Greenen, Consultant, Nature Advisory, WSP
Topics will include:
- What is the TNFD and why is it relevant to your business?
- How can you get ready for TNFD reporting?
- What are some of the challenges and how could they be tackled?
- How does the TNFD align with other frameworks such as SBTN, CSRD and GRI?
- What are the immediate steps you should take?