We collect large amounts of data quickly, accurately, cost-efficiently and safely in all types of locations – including those that are too dangerous to survey with conventional methods.
The applications are endless, as WSP specialists can collect as-built data for many types of structures, including piping, single vessels and entire plants, as well as topographies, including single and multi-lane roads, intersections and bridges.
Laser scanning offers several advantages over traditional survey methods
- Proven lower cost as-built and topographic surveys, due to faster data collection and shorter project cycle times
- Reduction or elimination of costly return visits to the site
- More accurate, complete as-builts for retrofit and design, enabling offsite fabrication and less construction rework caused by interferences and fit-up problems
- Reduced facility downtime, as a result of the unobtrusive scanning procedure
- Scan data can be delivered via a complementary viewer, as 2D or 3D CAD, or in a variety of laser scan formats that can be manipulated by the client.
Areas serviced include
- Industrial Plant Space
- Heritage and archaeology
- Topographic surveys
- Highways and transportation infrastructure
- Accident investigation and structural failure
- Power lines and utilities