Provide property acquisition, survey and legalisation and disposals services in WSP’s capacity as a Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) Accredited Supplier, undertaking Crown property work under the Public Works Act 1981.
CLIENT BRIEF/PROJECT CHALLENGES
To support Waka Kotahi in the delivery of its objectives and function to promote an affordable, integrated, safe, responsive, sustainable land transportation system and to manage the state highway system, including planning, funding, design, supervision, construction, maintenance and operations.Our brief is to support the Acquisitions and Disposal of surplus land proposed for the use as public roading on behalf of the Crown and often purchased under the Public Works Act. This includes the delivery of land for the New Zealand Upgrade Project.
WSP uses innovation and a ‘one team’ approach to deliver land for projects nationwide and dispose of land no longer required achieving the highest return possible.
Each year WSP are provided with a set of target site acquisitions aligned with key Waka Kotahi projects. We aim to meet or exceed these targets every year. Benefits for Waka Kotahi include: Enablement (buy, sell and legalise properties or property interests to meet project and property programme, to help achieve or exceed the NLTP (National Land Transport Plan) budget allocations, deliver value for money in such things as obtaining optimum disposal values, delivering on performance KPIs, providing quality and capability through the right people, right place and right relationships,including expertise in Public Works Act (PWA) and managing risk, relating to reputation and compliance obligations.
Dealing with landowners for and on behalf of Waka Kotahi is always interesting –no two acquisitions or disposals are ever the same.
LIST OF PRIMARY SERVICES
- Land status investigation
- Property Purchase Strategy reports including cost estimates
- Landowner liaison
- Arrange land entry
- Negotiate acquisition of land
- Acquire land using Public Works Act compulsory acquisition provisions
- Survey and legalise land acquired for roading projects and other Public work
- Property Disposal Strategies including cost estimates
- Disposal of land acquired using the Public Works Act
- Arrange sale/transfer of land to former owner, Iwi or other Crown Agencies/Local Authorities
- Arrange for sale of land on the open market